Friday, April 23, 2010

Disability Studies and The Shannon Technique

I've tried to pimp Michael Bérubé's book, The Left at War. But that book is generally about The Left and politics and that kind of stuff. He actually specializes in disability studies, and this post on that is too cool to not pass along. The videos of artist Bill Shannon are awesome. And the rest of the post has a great deal going for it (though non-regular readers will have to sift through some thoughts about Bérubé's life).

With his reference to Total Recall, I thought just how completely an issue can be erased from public consciousness even as it features prominently in major blockbuster films. And the line from Goffman.

(And perhaps soon I'll update the post on tL@War I rushed before my extended absence.)

No comments: